Well Delivery Process
Six Stage Well Delivery Process
Basis of Design and
Well Statement of Requirements (“BoD-WSoR”)
Basis of Design and Well Statement of Requirements (“BoD-WSoR”)
- Subsurface uncertainties are closed out or the limits/variance are evaluated and concluded.
- The basis of design for the well construction (drilling and completion) will be developed and agreed upon.
- A well statement of requirements will then be prepared which mainly consists of all the requirements for drilling the well like
- Rig and rig sizing
- Long lead items, specifications and quantity
- Services and scope etc
- Level 2 cost estimate is prepared.
- A risk register with mitigation is developed.
- An execution strategy is agreed upon to meet the schedule.
- A tender strategy for contracts and procurement is developed.
- The basis of well design provides “WHY” a particular well is drilled the way it is designed. This is a tool for understanding, review and approvals. This is a document prepared with all aspects of design including risks, mitigation, time and costs.
- The well programme is based “HOW” a particular well design will be implemented on the rig. This will have a step by step procedure to implement with all aspects of drilling included.
- This stage also involves multi-disciplines like
- Drilling, Testing and Completions
- Reservoir Engineering
- Corporate Management
- HSE and Logistics